Tuesday, 1 January 2008

Hampstead Synagogue

Recital by Russian/Israeli soprano Ilona Domnich with Nigel Foster
Organized by The Hampstead Synagogue Ladies Guild

http://www.hampsteadshul.org.uk/

Sunday 13th January 2008

I always enjoy singing for the Jewish community. It feels like I am singing for my family. People come after the concert and talk to me about Israel, about their worries for this beautiful land. They tell me honestly what they liked from the program and what did not quite work. I can ask them if they understood the words or what was the balance between the pianist and me. They tell me about other successful singers and how should I dress. Once a woman came to meet and said: ' Darling, go and get yourself a better bra, I can recommend to you a very nice place..

This concert will take place at the home of Sandra & David Berzon, 19 Harman Drive, NW2

For more details, please phone Linda Brin on 020 7435-4476
or email her at ladiesguild@hampsteadshul.org.uk


Once I sang for a similar event, there was a very old man sitting in the first row. I started singing and he fell a sleep. Then half way through the concert he started snoring very loudly. His neighbor touched his shoulder, the man woke up and in a very loud voice said: ' Has she started singing yet?' His phrase came when I was singing the highest note of a cadenza at the end of the aria...




No comments: