Sunday, 24 May 2009

CD, radio, imagination

Never underestimate the power of imagination.. I have come to a conclusion that the most powerfull tool when creating music are your thoughts and state of mind.

I have recently recorded a CD. 18 trucks, 2.5 days and 4 months of preparation.
It felt like i was drawing a line to part of my life. Closing a chapter, concluding everything into this CD.

From a young age I am trying to remmember events, encounters, experiences that accured in my life. I have been unconciously collecting it all in my brain, creating a database. Now, I was able to access this vast ammount of information and it helped me to turn it to emotions and express it through the music.

Recording such a long, multi style CD was an experience on its own. I needed all my concentration, stamina and bags of imagination in order to breath life into the songs and arias i sang.

Each song not only has the poem, the music phrasing and the the beauty of expression. It has a person, place, mood, colour, smell, speed. Each one is a picture in a museum, which becomes alive once the sound begins. It has tensions and reliese of it. It has silences, equally important to musical sounds. Each song has a Story!

when i first look at the music that I learn for the first time, immidiately many things become clear. Even from the look on the music, before singing it or playing I can get an impression about it. The imagination is already engaged.

Once I start learning it, the layers of imagination are endless.

No comments: