Iford was the most intimate opera theatre experience I have ever been involved. But the generosity and warmth of everybody was even more amazing. Everyone from the conductor Olliver Gooch, the cast, the production crew, orchestra players, to my lovely hosts Gillie and Bill Whitley were extremely encouraging, supportive and I completely felt at my most natural self in preparation to the role and performing it.
Tatiana was not easy part for me vocally, but emotionally is well suited. Which helped to overcome everything i feared. She allowed me to show the diversity of emotional colours of her character and to follow her maturity from an Innocent girl to a strong woman, who decides to reject Onegin, despite her burning love for him. Great role!
During the preparation process, I spoke a lot with Bernadette Iglich, the director about Tatiana. It was tremendously important for me that Bernadette gave me so much of her insights onto Tatiana's character. I loved working with her. I felt complete trust and passion of a real creator and could relax while exploring the nuances of the acting. As a result of this work together, we became very good friends.
The audience was sitting very close to us and i could hear people breathing. It was like being watched by the camera, constantly on air, in action. i have to admit that I loved every minute of it. It also made me concentrate better for the entire show. I new that if my thought will drift somewhere, people will be able to see it in my eyes. They will not believe me. Therefore, I learnt a great lesson and it was good practice for the big stages and bigger roles.
No comments:
Post a Comment