If I were to compare myself to an animal, I think I will be a chamelion. Changing colours every single moment. Why?
I noticed that when I speak to a person I pick up his/her mood, intonations of the voice, mimics, gesticulation and energy. As if I am tring to find myself through the other person in this conversation. The same happends with places and music.
This can sound like I have nothing of my own. But, it is quite opposite. I become richer and multi coloured in my personality, throu this exciting game. Constantly searching, learning and growing.
That also means that in a sense I do not have a fixed personality. Well..it's a bit of an overstatement. I simply do not like to keep it static and unchanged.
Generally, I do not like boundaries and being limited by one thing. Flexibility is the answer.
It is really great for the acting and singing. One needs to be flexible and open to changes.
In fact it is one of important blessings in music profession.
I am not a jazz musician, but I know that in order to learn how to improvise one listens to lots of styles and schools of playing. Eventually establishing his/her own signature. It is less so in classical singing, as you do not compose during the performance. But still, you are obsorbing all the music that came before and building your interpretation upon it.
In opera or any classical performance anything can happen on stage.What if a chamelion will fall on your head, while you sing or play? And you have to be ready...
No comments:
Post a Comment