She was breathtaking!
It was in a very pretty surroundings in Kent. In a converted barn on the grounds of a 16th century private house.
The house itself made an impression on me. It was spacious, yet had low sellings. It's features were inviting, a combination of wooden and stone with few modern features. And the hosts were warm and welcoming.
The Barn itself had a lovely acoustics and great simplicity, on the verge of ellegancy.

I have really enjoyed singing Chopin songs and was happy that they sat comfortably in the voice, despite being written in a lowish tessiture. It was also the first time I sang in Polish.
I could not have a better, more sensitive partner then Angela. I felt that she was caressing my voice, with her playing with such ellegance and beauty, that it was easy to sing and express the songs.
Also, I met a lovely cellist, Marie Macleod. Who was truly inspiring in her performance of the cello sonata.
The door to the garden was open, the local sheep were lestening too. And during one of the songs a cat came in. Walked gracefully around Angela and me and went off, as if checking on us.
Location:Kent
No comments:
Post a Comment