I have told my lovely boy, that he is coming with me to a small concert, where I will sing for few people and it is highly important that they like me. Therefore he should sit still in the corner of the room. He is not allowed to speak or make sounds, until I come to him and take him by his hand. He promised that he will do so.
We had breakfast, I have warmed up my voice, we dressed beautifully and left the house, hand in hand.
Just before we approached the building, where the audition was held, Ethan slipped and fell. He hurt his nose and started crying. So, we sat outside for few minutes, until he relaxed, being hugged and kissed and encouraged to be brave.
At the venue, we spent some time in the warm up room, while I was humming the beginnings of my arias, Ethan found a paper and coloured pencil in my bag and was happy.
Just before I was called into the audition room, he suddenly asked to go to the toilet. Which took a little long and grounded my senses. Suddenly, the pathos and drama of my operatic heroins
came secondary to the importance of the bowel movement of my son.
We entered the room, the panel new in advance that I have come with my very special assistant. My own panel member!
And the rest was easy. Ethan beautifully sat in the corner of the room, drawing on a piece of paper, while I sang two Italian arias and spoke to the panel. He didn't move and didn't produce a sound.
The situation was new to me. I felt grounded and in control by his presence. I was a mother and a singer at the same time. Something, I have always tried to separate. I was confident somehow, that he will not disturb my singing, I felt his complete support. His presence gave my soul strengths, and my voice was flowing easily.
After all has finished, I came to him, took him by his hand and we
left together, hand in hand.
My heart was singing! I was so proud of my boy. We sat down outside and I told him how much he helped me, expressing the excess of my love.
He seamed to be proud of himself too, he started singing and dancing. Suddenly he wanted to be a performer and have a concert. It felt, as if sitting there quietly, observing, filled him with new means of expression and a happy energy. I was delighted!
Of course he got a tasty treat..we went to celebrate our first opera audition together!
Location: Singer/Mother experiences
No comments:
Post a Comment