Tuesday, 25 September 2007

Isle of Skye


Imagine: Fast Wind, Vast Spaces, Giant Rocks, Dark Blue sea, with excitable waves and long distances for your eye to catch. This is the Isle of Skye, where according to a local saying: 'There is no tree for a dog to pee'

Sometimes I feel there very small, microscopic and in great danger. What if the Rocks decide to fall? What if the sea over floods the banks?


But most of the time I feel enormous, partly because of the amount of oxygen that travels through your lungs. Partly, because of this giants that surround me. I always think that these giants must also feel microscopic compare to the size of the universe and therefore we are all part of one thing. We are somehow united.


This is the place to escape from the busy city life and feel real connection to the nature. Sit at the top of one of the heights and look down onto the sea. listen to the rhythm of the waves and sounds of the wind, birds, sheep and cows. Sing with the wind and feel how your voice caries away and disappears. This is my idea of heaven.
http://www.skye.co.uk/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you regretted leaving this city?

Anonymous said...

Yes, for a while. But then life took me into a whirl of events and I forgot these deepest sadness that I used to have for this city. Since then I lived in Jerusalem (which is a special subject) and then London i feel that I am getting further away from St. Peterburg and she is getting away from me. I want to visit it one day and even sing there.