Few days ago a cab driver asked me what is my profession. I said: ' I am a musician, a singer'. He said: ' Ye.. But what do you do for livin'? What's your job, darling?'
It made me realise that he was right. I do not have a job. Not in a sence of 9-5pm.
Not in any other sence. What I do is a way of living or a relashionship.
You do not stop thinking about it. It follows you every minute of your life. There are no holidays and even on holidays it's part of you.
It brings you to the pick of emotions and throws to the depths of sorrow.
It is your best friend, therapist and your worst enemy. It is your child and your grand mother. It is you!
I think I can only compare being a musician with having an obsessive, most dramatic and extraordinary love affair, that lasts a life time.
2 comments:
sounds like love and torture
Well.. Its more love, then torture. But without one you do not appreciate the other..
Post a Comment